Hearing loss is usually a gradual process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Even though children are frequently tested, the majority of adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you track your hearing health?
It’s essential to have routine hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be exposed by everyday situations. Ask yourself these questions: Do I constantly ask people to repeat themselves? Do I need to turn up the volume on the TV? Do noisy environments make conversations challenging? It’s time for you to get your hearing tested if you said yes to the majority of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: Until you turn 50, you should have a hearing exam every 10 years and every 3 years after that, according to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Family History Matters: If other family members have hearing loss, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing exam with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will give a reference frame for further comparison to track changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Regular hearing exams can detect problems early on, like earwax buildup or noise-induced hearing loss, allowing for quick intervention and avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical disorders, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can on occasion be indicated by hearing loss. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have extensive consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and total quality of life, allowing you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and stay alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Protect your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing test with us right away.